21GCTT created its own patent translation division in 1998 to provide high-quality and technically accurate patent translations to its customers. The in-house patent translation team is exclusively dedicated to the professional translation of patents and IP-related materials (claims, national validations, specifications, drawings, abstracts, European applications, international applications, assignments, documents for Information Disclosure Statement (IDS) preparation…) . We translate patent materials involved in patent prosecution and patent litigation including Office Actions, References, Court orders, etc. Each of translation goes through translation, word by word editing and final review by different patent translation experts.
With 1/3 of experienced registered Chinese patent attorneys and patent engineers with strong technical backgrounds working full time in our team, our patent translation services cover a wide range of technical fields including, but not limited to, electronics, mechanics, communication, optics, IT, semiconductor, pharmaceutical, biology, chemistry, etc.
The team has now performed the translation of over 300 million words. Our full-time, in-house, native-speaking, Chinese, English, Japanese, German, French and Spanish translators combine a total of over 490 years of patent and IP-related translation experience between them. For all other languages, the translation team works only with experienced, specially selected and tested professional translators, chosen for their specific expertise.
• As specialists in IP translation, our translators understand the process of patent drafting, the structure of claims and the implications of their choice of terminology.
• Our translators make a full reading of the specification prior to translating the abstract and/or claims.
• Our translators have also access to the best online and print resources for terminology selection and checking.
• Team work allows a triple checking system for all patent translations.
• Our translators benefit from on-going technical training and feedback from our patent attorneys.
• As translators, our team is best placed to hand pick the best translators and together with support from our multi-lingual patent attorneys, best qualified to coordinate the translation of your patent and IP-related materials into Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian and Swedish.
• Quality is monitored through periodic translation and file audits.
• Maintaining an environment where excellence and continuous on-the-job training is a must ensures the best possible services for our clients.