Software application and related documentation localization is a delicate and complex process involving diverse skills and requiring experience in the coordination of work phases. 21GCTT believes that it is not enough to simply convert text into the target languages. Over the years our team has learnt that:
• Contents must be adapted to the linguistic and cultural system of the target language;
• Communication tone must be suitable for technical standards;
• Graphical components must also undergo any necessary transformations to meet the linguistic and cultural communication requirements;
• Page formatting must be taken into account and made compatible with the original graphical structure, and with the demands of search engine and directory positioning;
Our localization team ensures that:
• The user interface is localized in all of its structural components (menu bars, button, status indicators, generic messages, error messages, etc). This phase requires an ability to work with source code editors, resource and graphics files, and software compilers adapted to the language of use.
• The software guide is localized & translated to be consistent with the terminology used in the localization of the user interface, respecting the format (Rtf or HTML) of the original structure.
• Any documentation accompanying the software (manuals, brochures, packaging elements etc.) is localized taking into account the language and cultural aspects, the type of publication and the market sector for which the software is destined.
Keeping these above factors in mind, 21GCTT is committed to help our clients minimize labor and financial costs via quality localization including maintenance, and service support. At 21GCTT, our software localization services preserve the product value and appeal by utilizing native speakers with product domain and Software architecture expertise. The frameworks and specialized tools used by 21GCTT team include:
• Guidelines, Templates and Checklists for L10n process
• Best practices and L10n usage guidelines available for commonly used products/platforms
• Common reusable component for externalization at different platforms Java/.Net
• Tools to trace multi-byte characters
• C++ i18n impact analysis tool
At 21GCTT, project management is a core competence not an afterthought. Our passion for project management is driven from the president down and we work hard to instill its disciplines throughout the company. Our project managers possess language skills, rich multiple-language localization management experiences and profound localization industry knowledge to provide end to end localization solutions to our client. 21GCTT team will work very closely with our client and keep the client informed of the status of intermediate milestones and alert the client of any event that can impact the Cost, Quality and/or Schedules of the projects described in this Statement of Work. In addition, 21GCTT team will focus on issues critical to maintaining activities on schedule and within budget, like cost variances and progress against scheduled milestones, through reports such as Weekly Status Reports with conference call reviews and Activity Reports.
We established the project management and methodology since we started operations. However, we continually refine it to satisfy our new requirements and projects.